Sunday 8 February 2015

Another nice Guadalupe bow...

We've been on the Guadalupe River now for almost 3 months...three weeks of which have been at the new place. Although the river near the Ponderosa Bridge yielded more fish to me, the fish here have been much bigger on average. Fish at the old location likely averaged 16" to 17" with none over 20". Here the fish are averaging about 18" with at least 1/2 dozen over 20". Fishing Nirvana for a fishing nut!


This mornings outing netted me the toughest fighter to date...a nice 20 incher. As a side note, all the large fish I've hooked here have come to my 5 wt TVO. All the fish were handled well and none were fought to exhaustion. Makes me wonder though if the lake rainbows back home are stronger; the last 22" rainbow there took me into my backing twice. Not complaining though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment