Friday 23 January 2015

A PB Guadalupe Rainbow

Two days ago I lost a nice fish; one I had to the net twice but who still had one run left each time. The third time I brought him close he jumped and shook the hook. I estimated him to be about 24 inches and he was quite the fighter. It turned out today that I had another shot at a "best" Guadalupe rainbow. After catching only one fish, a nice 16" bow, after a few hours of fishing I was ready to head into the house to warm up. I'm sure glad I made that final cast because a fish hammered the fly moments after it hit the water. Although it was a fairly strong fish, it tired out quickly and came to the net without making any big runs.




My wife braved the cold to run down for a quick picture before the 21 inch rainbow was returned to the pool.


No comments:

Post a Comment