Sunday 15 March 2015

Closing down for this winter...



Here is my second last fish on the Guadalupe; a nice feisty specimen that fell to a San Marcos River Nymph fished with my 2 wt. The last fish was my "teacher" fish of this trip. The 12" rainbow kindly pointed out that 2 wt rod tips, although having enough backbone to tame some heavy fish, still require a delicate touch and proper technique when netting a fish. A warning would have been sufficient but the fishing muses can be cruel.

This year I ended up fishing 3 rivers; the Guadalupe, the San Marcos and the Pedernales; all treasures that will hopefully be preserved for generations to come. Here is my home river, looking from my back yard on the day I returned. A casual glance will reveal that an ice auger might be a better fishing tool than a fly rod. But that will change in only a few short days. That's it for this year. Next year, if circumstance permit, will be spent in Texas or Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment