Tuesday 11 December 2012

Not much new...


I'd love to report about that bull redfish or 4 foot shark but the fishing gods, although kind, haven't been extremely generous. A good catch of whiting and a B-I-G fish that took my shrimp and abruptly headed for deeper waters was it for me. The big one-that-got-away was likely my fault since the parted line showed evidence of fraying but I'll never know for sure. A buddy caught a beautiful pompano and a pretty large Atlantic ray. All the fish were caught on frozen shrimp and my experiments with "Fish Bites" were less than successful. Many have reported spectacular results with them so I'll likely give them one more try since they stay on the hook so well. Can't really complain since a good feed of fresh whiting is a welcome conclusion to any day of fishing in the surf.

No comments:

Post a Comment