Saturday 29 December 2012

Just another day in paradise...





Fishing continues but the reporting has fallen behind, just in case you haven’t noticed.  The main reason for the lack of reports is my inability to figure out a camera solution for the surf. Anyway, lots of whiting have been caught and several of us had some success using fish bites for bait. Success amongst our local condo group of 5 or 6 guys has been steady with a few different species caught, a few large fish and a few bite offs...all from the surf in front of the condo. I’ve caught a ladyfish while another angler landed a sheepshead and a number of pompano have started to grace the stringers. I’m almost the last guy to have caught one and it sure hit the spot, both my ego and my palate needed that catch. I’ve had three BIG fish on momentarily, each culminating in a broken/cut line. One was just a result of a frayed line but 2 looked like they were bitten off. These LDRs are always frustrating but the speculation on what they might have been is fun.  A trade-off of sorts I suppose. A solution might be steel leaders and it’s something we’ve discussed. Still haven’t hit the bay in back but if/when I do you can read about it here.





No comments:

Post a Comment